Hey guys! The other night I was up at 1 am editing (oh, the life of a writer) and I had a huge craving for something cheesy. As you know, I’m a vegan, so cheesy food is a bit hard to come by. Luckily, I had this DELICIOUS recipe on hand to satisfy the midnight cravings.
Cheesy Masa Bread Recipe
-1/4 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance brand)
-3/4 cup vegan cheese, such as Daiya
-1 neat egg or other egg substitute of choice
-1 cup Masa
-1/4 cup water
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon chili powder
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-Salsa/ Guacamole for dipping
1) Use a food processor to combine the egg, vegan butter, vegan cheese, and water. Blend into a paste.
2) Add Masa, baking powder, and spices
3) Knead dough and flatten until 1/4 inch thick.
4) Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
5) Serve with dipping sauces of choice.
This recipe is so fast and so delicious. It’s absolutely one of my go-to’s, and I hope you guys enjoy it. Until next time, happy baking!