Hey you guys! So cinnamon rolls are one of my all-time favorite baked goods. I mean they’re sweet, cinnamony, fluffy, and delicious! What’s not to love? This morning I was having a wicked craving for cinnamon rolls, so I decided to figure out a recipe for a vegan version. It turned out super yummy, and now I’m sad because I already ate them all.
-3 cups all purpose flour
-3 tablespoons coconut sugar
-2 1/4 tsp yeast
-1/2 cup water
-1/3 cup non-dairy milk
-1 tsp salt
-1 neat egg or other egg-substitute
-3 tbsp vegan butter
-1/2 stick vegan butter
-3 tbsp cinnamon
-1/3 cup brown sugar
- Combine all dry ingredients
- Heat the milk, butter, and water in the microwave for 30 secs
- Mix liquid mixture and egg into dry ingredients and knead until dough is no longer sticky.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough out into a large rectangle and brush filling on.
- Roll tightly.
- Cut into even rolls.
- Bake at 200 for 20 minutes to allow them to rise.
- Raise the temperature to 375 and bake until rolls are golden-brown.
- Top with a glaze of of confectioners sugar mixed with water.
- Eat large quantities of cinnamon rolls.
Thanks for reading my recipe, and until next time, happy baking 🙂